10 Reasons Your Business Needs a Video Surveillance Solution:
The first commercially used closed-circuit monitoring in the United States was in 1949, when businesses took a page from the government and implemented surveillance systems to monitor their company’s activities. These monitoring systems required 24/7 manned stations, watching a series of television monitors. Today, video surveillance is commonplace, has a wide range of uses and can be enabled from a mobile device.
Here are 10 reasons you may not have considered, but SHOULD, when trying to determine whether or not your business needs video surveillance.
- Prevent Theft – Deterring potential thieves or identifying those who have stolen from your company is the number one reason most businesses install video surveillance. Just the presence of cameras in strategic locations can often be enough to deter most thieves.
- Prevent Employee Misconduct – A large percentage of business profits are lost to employee misconduct. Whether it is employee theft, employees allowing others to steal from your business or unprofessional behavior towards customers or fellow co-workers, video surveillance can monitor all daily activities.
- Increase Employee Productivity – Research indicates that employees are less likely to slack off on their responsibilities when monitored. This includes spending time chatting with other employees, taking too many breaks or otherwise not working.
- Improve Communication between Departments – Video surveillance allows total business premises surveillance, to provide real-time and fast communication between departments, resulting in an increase in productivity.
- Eliminate Dishonest Claims – Assertions from employees or customers of injuring themselves on your property is easily eliminated with the use of video surveillance.
- Visual Evidence – If an investigation ensues regarding your business, video surveillance can provide time-stamped, visual evidence to the authorities concerning a crime or suspicious activity around or within your business.
- Safety – Continuous exterior monitoring of the building can deter threats against your employees or vandalism to your property.
- Monitor Access – With video surveillance at the entry and exit of your building, you gain the identification of anyone who wishes access to the building.
- Business Compliance – Many businesses must have a video surveillance system in place to comply with HIPPA or SEC regulations as well as internal corporate policies.
- Makes Good Business Sense – As a business or property owner you can’t be in more than one place at a time. Video surveillance gives you access to your property 24/7, 365 days of the year, allowing you to build your business knowing it’s safe, secure and productive.
Consider these benefits which serve you when having video surveillance for your business installed. Contact MCSPro to learn more about the installation process.